The What, Why & How of Membership
Membership is a public and formal commitment to a local church community; it enables you to grow as a Christian with a sense of connection, belonging, and purpose. Your expression of commitment includes service and support of the church’s mission and vision and a willingness to be accountable to the church and its leaders. With your commitment, the pastors, deacons, and congregation commit to care for, pray for, teach and personally counsel you. We also commit to being accountable to God and each other for how we lead you.
- A spiritual family to support and encourage you in your walk with Christ (Gal. 6:1-2; Heb. 10:24-25)
- A place to discover and use your gifts in ministry (1 Cor. 12:4-27)
- A place under spiritual protection of godly leaders (Heb. 13:17; Acts 20:28-29)
- The accountability you need to grow (Eph. 5:21)
At Brandywine we require:
- Salvation: a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Baptism: adult believers baptism by immersion
- Completion of Membership Class. The class is typically offered on the fourth Sunday of every other month. The next classes are: February 26, April 30, June 25, August 27 and October 29, 2017.
Have questions? click here. We will be glad to reply with more information.